Wednesday, December 16, 2009

BEST MOVIES EVAR! MY TOP TEN

This is a list of my favorite movies.And while I could put certain movies on this list that would make me look worldly and sophisticated-a nearly impossible feat- I’m only listing the one’s that I know front to back and have watched numerous times. Keep in mind, I am pretty much a caveman, and the more action and violence, the better I like the movie. But even I have a softer side, as you will see from one or two of my picks. Still,romantic comedies would be a lot better if they incorporated a few sword fights now and then, but I digress. Without further ado... the list.


1. Braveheart
- While a bit violent for some, this epic film has something for everyone; love, action, sacrifice, grief, encouragement. It has it all. And it’s based on a true story to boot.

2. Schindler’s List - This movie takes an in depth look into the holocaust and at German business man Arthur Schindler, who, through pure desire for profit, almost accidentally, turns into one of the true heroes of the 20th century. In my opinion, this is Steven Spielberg’s finest work to date.

3. The Godfather Part II - This sequel picks up where the first movie left off and actually improves on Part I. The scenes based in the early 1900’s are some of my favorite in all of film.

4. The Godfather - Well as I said above, this movie was very well done. From it’s star studded cast to all of it's legendary scenes, this movie is one for the ages.

5. The Wizard Of Oz - Filmed in full color and released in 1939, this film was cutting edge for it’s day. While losing nearly every major award to Gone With The Wind that year, this is the movie that has stood the test of time.

6. It’s A Wonderful Life - Love it. Watch it every year. Anyone who’s ever tried to be successful and experienced frustration and setbacks only to triumph through perseverance can identify with George Bailey, an American icon.

7. Star Wars - This movie totally consumed my friends and I for years. The 70’s weren’t exactly known for being hi-tech but this sci-fi adventure was the exception.

8. Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - Great story line, memorable characters, groundbreaking special effects, and dominated all of the major awards with good reason.

9. Titanic - Okay here’s my entry from the “Romance” genre. This film was so big and so popular that people started suffering from Titanic fatigue. It then became more accepted to mock this film than admit you liked it. None the less, it’s impact was every bit as huge as the vessel it was named after.

10. Glitter...Just kidding.

10. A Few Good Men - With no action or romance to speak of, this movie was all about story lines and dialogue. With great acting from big stars like Nicholas, and Cruise, this movie has some of the most memorable moments and lines ever. Remember? “You can’t handle the truth!”

No comments:

Post a Comment