Friday, December 18, 2009

My Top Five Christmas Movies

1.It's a Wonderful Life
What would Bedford Falls be like if George Bailey was never born? Once more, what would the Christmas season be like without this masterpiece? I shiver at the thought!

2. A Christmas Story
This cult classic was actually kind of a dud at the box office in 1983 but has made up serious ground since then. For many, this movie is as much a part of Christmas nowadays as going into the frozen forest and chopping down this years tree and…well you know what I mean.

3.Elf
Buddy the elf goes to Manhattan to find his biological dad and he's surprised to find that his dad treats him like a giant weirdo who dresses like an elf…probably because he's a giant weirdo who dress like an elf.

4. Home Alone
Slapstick reigns supreme in this 1990 classic. Charlie Chaplan would be proud of young Macaulay Culkin (Kevin), as he burns, beats, and baffles the bad guys at every turn.

5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

The Griswold family returns for this wild, and warped Christmas affair. From the moment cousin Eddy (Randy Quaid) and the rest of the family arrives, it's non stop mayhem and merriment.

1 comment:

  1. My list would mirror yours, almost. The exception would be that I would nix Home Alone and add Miracle on 34th Street. I love that movie, but its not my list, so go get my own blog, eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete